We are supposed to be able to trust the healthcare professionals that we go see on a regular basis. Most of the time, our interactions with doctors, nurses, and other healthcare providers is positive. Unfortunately, there are times when they make mistakes that cause serious harm.
If that happens to you and you need a medical malpractice attorney, you can count on Vladimir Tsirkin & Associates, P.A. to help. We will work tirelessly to investigate your case so we can secure the compensation you need for all of your incident-related expenses. Contact us today so you can get back to living your life tomorrow.
The top two causes of death in the US are heart disease and cancer, but the third leading cause of death in the country may surprise you. It is medical mistakes.
On average, 250,000 lose their lives each year due to the mistakes medical professionals make. Some estimates say that number is as high as 440,000 people. The thing is this – those are just the fatalities. Around 10-20 times more people survive these mistakes and must live with the consequences.
Some of the more common ways in which medical mistakes occur are as follows:
- Errors made when diagnosing patients are the most devastating according to Johns Hopkins researchers. Diagnostic mistakes can lead to delayed treatment, or even no treatment at all, for a patient. Not only does this impact a person’s health, but their finances as well.
- Many mistakes are made when it comes to giving patients medications, both inside a hospital and outside of a medical facility. These mistakes can include not giving the correct medication, giving the wrong dosage of a medication, or not giving a patient their medication at all.
- We have long known that healthcare-acquired infections are a major problem. Around one in 30 hospital patients in the hospital acquires an infection every day.
- Surgical mistakes can include the major “never events” such as operating on the wrong body part or even the wrong patient. These are the ones we see on TV shows, but often the mistake is not so dramatic but can cause just as much harm.
We see so many medical professionals throughout the year, from family doctors and ER staff, to our dentist and eye doctor.
Are we sure they are all performing at a high level of care?
If You Are Hurt By A Medical Mistake
Figuring out what to do in the aftermath of experiencing a medical error that causes serious harm can be tough. It may seem impossible to go up against a healthcare system or a doctor, but do not let that deter you. At Vladimir Tsirkin & Associates, P.A. we have no problem holding people and agencies accountable for their mistakes.
When you need a Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice attorney, we will work tirelessly to secure compensation for:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and benefits
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages
The time to act is now so you can get back to your regular life. You can contact us for a free consultation by calling 800-99crash.